STATE OF THE ART LENS TECHNOLOGY
We feature a quality selection of fashionable eyeglasses and premium lenses. Serving the Fort Collins area, our office is conveniently located at 3501 S. Shields St.Fort Collins, CO 80526, so it’s easy to stop by and benefit from our exceptional vision products.
Our optical staff looks forward to helping you select the best eyewear for your vision prescription, lifestyle requirements, and unique fashion taste! Eyeglasses need to give you sharp vision and a flattering look for your face.
All patients, new and returning, are treated with patience and no pressure to reach a hasty decision. Superior customer service is our goal, and we want you to be thrilled with your eyewear and your experience in our Fort Collins office!
ZEISS Lenses Are Tailor-Made To Meet All Individual Requirements
In today’s world, more and more people choose a different way of life and they tend to look for more suitable products - usually tailor-made solutions.
ZEISS Lenses deliver best natural vision in any situation.
- Visual needs are linked to the wearer’s lifestyle
- No two people are the same – individuals have different anatomy whilst their style and visual preferences are closely linked to their way of life.
- Lenses that suit both to the wearer’s physiology and their main daily activities
Varilux® progressive lenses are the most technically advanced progressive lenses available. Varilux Physio® lenses are the only progressive lenses with the distortion-reducing benefits of W.A.V.E. Technology™: Wavefront Advanced Vision Enhancement. This gives you better vision than you probably thought was possible, whether you are looking near, far, or anywhere in-between.
Varilux® Physio Enhanced™ progressive lenses are customized to provide the clearest vision possible for every distance and in every light level.
Varilux Comfort® give you excellent near, intermediate, distance and peripheral vision, all without compromising the visual quality of any single zone. They’re easy to wear, and the smooth transition between visual zones makes it easy to adapt to these lenses. For more information, please visit www.varilux.com.
Protect Your Eyes Against Digital Eye Strain with New Eyezen™+ Lenses!Designed for the way you see the world, taking care of your eyes from the harshness of modern life. They reduce strain from viewing digital devices so you can focus on what matters to you. It’s a real see good, feel good story.
How Eyezen+ is Different! A single vision lens with two major benefits:
- Defends Against Eye Strain Associated with Device Use
- Eyezen+ lenses contain a small amount of accommodative relief to help alleviate eye strain caused by viewing near objects, like cell phones and tablets.
- Reduces Exposure to Harmful Blue Light
Eyezen+ lenses utilize Essilor’s Smart Blue Filter™ feature, which reduces exposure to Harmful Blue Light coming from devices, inside lighting, and even the sun. More about Eyezen.
Xperio™ Polarized Lenses
Not all sun lenses are created equal
There’s a better way to see the world. Xperio UV™ polarized prescription sun lenses virtually eliminate blinding glare so you can see the outside world with sharper color and greater depth. Customize your Xperio UV™ lenses with any frame, lens color, and prescription.
Polarized lenses to conquer the outside
Xperio UV™ polarized prescription sun lenses aren’t just ordinary sun lenses. They help you see more no matter what you’re doing outside, providing excellent clarity of vision all while protecting your eyes with a superior quality lens. The highest UV protection available: E-SPF® index of 50+**
* E-SPF® is a global index rating the overall UV protection of a lens. E-SPF® was developed by Essilor International and endorsed by 3rd party experts. A lens rating of E-SPF® 50 means that an eye protected by the lens will receive 50 times less UV exposure than an unprotected eye.
Go Easy on Your Eyes
Transitions Optical, Inc. has developed the world’s most advanced photochromic lens technology—the ability of a lens to darken in the presence of invisible UV light. Transitions® lenses are the #1 brand of photochromic lenses recommended by eye care professionals worldwide.
Today’s Transitions® offer you more choices than ever before – choices that keep you comfortable and keep your eyes healthy. Innovative photochromic technologies result in unparalleled lens performance in nearly every lens design and material, including shatter-resistant lenses, bifocals, trifocals, progressives and standard and high-index materials.
Advances in eyeglass lenses
You have many options when choosing the lenses for your eyeglasses. Among the most popular types of lenses and lens options prescribed today are:
- Aspheric lenses, which have a slimmer, more attractive profile than other lenses. They also eliminate that magnified, “bug-eye” look caused by some prescriptions.
- High index lenses, which are made of new materials that enable the lenses to be noticeably thinner and lighter than regular plastic lenses.
- Polycarbonate lenses are thinner, lighter and up to 10 times more impact-resistant than regular plastic lenses. These lenses are great for safety glasses, children’s eyewear, and for anyone who wants lightweight, durable lenses.
- Photochromic lenses are sun-sensitive lenses that quickly darken in bright conditions, and quickly return to a clear state in ordinary indoor lighting.
- Polarized lenses diminish glare from flat, reflective surfaces (like water) and also reduce eye fatigue.
- Anti-reflective coatings are among the most popular add-ons for lenses. They can dramatically improve the look and comfort of your glasses by minimizing the amount of light that reflects off the surface of your lenses, which also has the added benefit of reducing glare and thus easing eye fatigue.
- Other lens coatings include scratch-resistant, ultraviolet treatment, and mirror coatings.
Eyeglass lenses for presbyopia
Presbyopia is the normal, age-related loss of near focusing ability that makes reading and other close-up tasks more difficult after age 40.
This means that the usual type of eyeglass lenses you've likely been accustomed to wearing, known as single vision lenses, no longer will work well for you.
Multifocal eyeglass lenses available for presbyopia correction include:
- Bifocals: Lenses with two powers – one for distance and one for near – separated by a visible line.
- Trifocals: Lenses with three powers for seeing at varying distances – near, intermediate and far – separated by two visible lines.
- Progressive lenses: These lenses have many advantages over bifocals and trifocals because they allow the wearer to focus at many different distances, not just two or three. Because they have no lines, progressive lenses allow a smooth, comfortable transition from one distance to another.
If you see well in the distance without the need for eyeglasses, simple reading glasses with single vision lenses may be all you need to deal with near vision problems caused by presbyopia.
Fort Collins, CO 80526
- Monday: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Please note - These are temporary hours due to the Covid-19 situation.